The second largest school district in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area, the District extends from I-70 on the west and the I-270 bridge on the east, covering 78 square miles, an area larger than the City of St. Louis. Its northern and southern boundaries are the two Great Rivers, the Missouri and the Mississippi, and I-270.
The district includes the communities of Hazelwood, Black Jack, and Spanish Lake; a large section of the city of Florissant; portions of the cities of Bridgeton, Bellefontaine Neighbors, and Ferguson; and several square miles of unincorporated St. Louis County.
We are a collaborative learning community guided by a relentless focus to ensure each student achieves maximum growth.
HSD will foster lifelong learners, productive citizens and responsible leaders for an ever-evolving society.
- We will place the education and well-being of each student above all other considerations.
- We will form partnerships with parents and community members to ensure the success of each student.
- We will commit to implementing innovative solutions while dismantling ideas that are no longer working for students.
- We will create an inclusive learning climate that meets the needs of a diverse community.
- We will monitor academic progress in a timely manner and provide differentiated support for each student to reach maximum growth.
- We will collectively set high academic expectations using student data as well as each student’s social and emotional needs, to drive instruction.
- We will collaboratively and independently use assessment data, to reflect upon and revise our educational practices to ensure each student’s maximum growth.
- We will maintain a district climate where staff, parents and community members model positive qualities and characteristics expected of each student.